Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My journey started October 2013...

I started this blog because when I first heard about Acceledent, I couldn't find much out there about it, except on the company's website. I decided to share my story to help others who have questions about Acceledent, and/or are considering getting braces. Check out the tabs on the top for other helpful info - "tips" and "how to view Acceledent data."

I'm 27 years old. I don't think my teeth are that bad. I thought I was a candidate for Invisalign, but even with teeth nowhere near as bad as the ones shown as "success stories" on Invisalign's website, I was crushed to find out I'm only a candidate for braces.

This is my journey with braces and Acceledent...
Below you will see it chronicled by appointment month with pictures documenting my progress.

 Anytime I mentioned to coworkers or friends that I was considering getting my teeth fixed, they'd always say "what? your teeth are fine, you don't need to do that." I've always taken care of them but I just inherited crooked teeth. They have some crowding, I have a cross bite (the upper jaw is smaller than the lower) and my lower back molars are super tipped (they need to be uprighted), which has always made flossing difficult. The space between them is so tight that often times the floss just snaps in half when I try to pull it out. My dentist had to fill the crevice in between them to prevent a small cavity from spreading, but had to shave off a lot of my teeth to get to it and said it wasn't a permanent solution. She kept telling me I needed braces. So I started considering Invisalign. I told myself I'd never get adult braces, and looking at the Invisalign website, I saw pictures of people with some jacked up teeth that Invisalign was able to fix. Their website said it could fix cross bites. My teeth were not nearly as bad as the "before" pictures I saw on their website. I was convinced I was an Invisalign candidate.

I went to three different orthodontists last year to get consultations. All three of them told me that Invisalign would not work for me. They said if anyone told me it would, I'd be disappointed and have to end up getting braces to fix what Invisalign wasn't able to correct in the first place. They all told me horror stories about patients who came to them with just that problem. After shelling out thousands for Invisalign, they were now seeking a new orthodontist to fix what wasn't fixed.

The first ortho consult told me I'd need braces for 24-36 months, my jaw would have to be moved, and then I'd have a special retainer for about a year. She quoted me some crazy price...I think it was around $8k. My dentist referred me to her because they're friends, and I'm sure she would do a great job, but she seemed like a perfectionist like my dentist. I think I cried after that appointment because I was crushed to hear I couldn't get Invisalign, and I wasn't willing to pay that much and have braces that long.

I waited a few months and decided to see another orthodontist and hope that he would recommend Invisalign. The second one quoted me 18 months but said that I had "extra teeth" and would recommend getting at least 2 teeth pulled before treatment so that there would be enough room to move my teeth. He actually gave me a reasonable price, I remember thinking it was too good to be true, but I can't remember what it was- less than $4,000. But it was still braces.

I decided to get a third opinion, and hoped it fell somewhere in the middle so I'd be confident it was legit. The third one told me I did not have any "extra teeth" but would recommend me getting my one remaining top wisdom tooth removed at some point during treatment or directly after because it "wasn't doing [me] any good." It didn't have a matching bottom tooth, so he said overtime it would just shift the rest of my teeth back. He told me his projected treatment would take about 18 months, and that he wouldn't recommend aligning my jaw because it's hard to move a jaw as an adult. Even with treatment, I'd still have a slight crossbite, but at least my front teeth would be all lined up and no one would be able to tell. Most importantly, he said my tipped back molars would be fixed.  I think the price was about $4,200. He said if I used a device called Acceledent, for about an extra $800, it could shave off 1/4 to 1/3 of treatment time. I had never heard of this device before, and he showed it to me and explained how it works. He also told me that he has participated in clinical trials and has seen treatment sped up significantly. I later googled - yes he did...its on Acceledent's website:
1)
http://acceledent.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Straty-Righellis-Case-Oakland-CA.pdf

2) http://acceledent.com/orthodontists/news-archive/leading-orthodontists-accelerate-patient-treatment-with-acceledent/)

I went home and did some research but couldn't find a lot of information, aside from what was published by Acceledent. Honestly, I wondered if it was a scam and my orthodontist was getting a kickback from the company if I used it. I went back to my orthodontist and told him that I wanted to go ahead with braces but had a few questions about Acceledent. I can't remember how I phrased it, but I asked him if he was profiting from recommending the device. He said no, he only promotes the device because he believes it works. He buys it directly from the manufacturer, and the price he pays is the price he charges his patients. I've read in forums that some people paid as much as $1200 to purchase the device from their orthodontist. I trust mine. I was satisfied. An extra $800 to get my braces off 6 months sooner? What a deal. After having braces on for some time, I'm even happier now because I had no idea how annoying having braces would be.

A few people at my company have braces, even ones much older than me, and I'm seeing them more and more. I figured it would be worth it to look like a nerd for a little while. I work in accounting so I don't have a ton of interaction with outside vendors. My job doesn't have orthodontic coverage but I found out I could use my pre-tax FSA dollars to save some money. My boyfriend fully supported my decision. So I decided to get braces.

In December I signed the quote, was reassured I would not have to pay any additional fees, period, and scheduled my appointment for January. The full price I paid for treatment and Acceledent was $4,873.50.

BEFORE PHOTOS FROM ORTHODONTIST:



Day 1 – January 23, 2014
Today I got my braces put on. It was a fairly quick procedure, much faster than I imagined, taking about 45 minutes. They had to put metal clamps on my back molars to tilt them upright, which took the longest, then dried my teeth, put glue on my teeth, and stuck trays on which contained the brackets. They pulled the trays off, polished off the excess glue and fed the wire through. Initially, it was surprisingly painless. I had spacers put on my back molars the weeks before which were quite painful so I was expecting the worst. However, I was pain-free for about an hour after getting my braces on. Then they started hurting and I ate only soup and liquids for about a week.

By the third week, my teeth were less sore and I was eating solid foods that were a little harder. I learned just to overcook vegetables and pasta so I could eat them. Friends told me not to eat red pasta sauce or curry, as it would permanently stain the clear brackets. However, I've eaten plenty of pasta sauce since then with no problem. I just make sure to brush after. I try to stay away from strongly colored foods, as well as hard and sticky foods. The day before my second appointment I ate a sandwich on a roll, which I cut in tiny pieces, and I did not experience any pain. The only pain I had was from the wires sticking out in the back a little. The orthodontist told me he wanted to leave them a little long so my teeth could move, but after about two weeks the ends started poking my cheeks. I kept constant wax on that part for the last two weeks.

I refuse to eat in public. If I eat a salad, I swear half the salad gets stuck in my braces. Even easy to eat foods somehow manage to get all stuck up in my braces. I've learned to carry a toothbrush in my purse everywere, as well as a "pick" my orthodontist gave me. Sometimes a toothbrush just won't get that little piece of lettuce wedged between your teeth.
I’ll be honest – I skipped ONE DAY using Acceledent during these first four weeks. I got busy at work one day, came home and crashed and just completely forgot about it until I woke up the next day. But I religiously used it every single other day. I mostly used it in evenings while I was studying or watching TV, or driving long routes, but some nights I got home from class really late and even used it while I walked my dog or doing the dishes. 20 minutes goes by very fast, and it’s so gentle that if I’m washing dishes I can’t hear it and have to reach up to feel if it’s still vibrating. It gives you a gentle stop-and-start vibration when it’s half way through, which is nice . I charge it after every 2 uses. Sometimes it will last 3 uses, but sometimes it will shut off half-way through on the third day, so I've just gotten in the habit of plugging it in after every two uses. It charges pretty fast, only an hour or two. I make sure to remember to take it and the charger anytime I'm away from home for the night.





4 Week Appointment – February 19, 2014

Today I received thicker wires that were a little painful to put on. My teeth are sore after the appointment. The orthodontist said my teeth have already shifted significantly; especially my front teeth. He was very surprised that I haven’t needed any Advil during the past four weeks. Although I had a few painful days, I didn’t feel like it was that bad. The orthodontist said that Acceledent has the advantage of making your teeth hurt less, which is great!

Emergency Appointment – February 24, 2014

 Yesterday the front bracket on the bottom tooth that sticks up came off unexpectedly. I've been very good about only eating "approved" foods and not biting anything with my front teeth. I woke up yesterday morning and my front teeth were pretty sore, so I used Acceledent. I brushed my teeth, ate a pancake, and a while later I was drinking water and realized that there was something sliding around in my mouth. The bracket came off but it was still attached to the wire, but spinning around. I called and got an appointment Monday morning. They said it looked like the wire they put in was too tick and putting too much strain on that tooth. So they glued the bracket back on and inserted a thinner wire. My teeth are pretty sore but at least I'm back in business!


UPDATED PHOTOS: 3/24/14:



September 2014

Wow...I know it's been a while since I've posted. Things have been going pretty well. A few months ago I got a band threaded in an "xxx" pattern across my four front teeth to push them tightly together. I also got a small spring on the top right side to push them over a bit so the line between my two front teeth would align with my bottom teeth. I never noticed the lines didn't match up. The first appointment after that left me with some sore front teeth for a few days, but at least I could still chew with my molars.

My last few adjustments haven't been that painful and I'm still using the Acceledent every day, but I'll be honest, I accidentally skipped ONE more day. This brings the count up to 2 missed days in 9 months. Not too bad.

I finally got my teeth cleaned which was a half-day process, between getting the wires out at the orthodontist, going to the dentist to have the cleaning (and having a manual cleaning because EBMUD had an emergency and shut off the power!), and then going back to the orthodontist to get my wires back on and adjusted. My dentist said my teeth are now so much easier to clean because they're better spaced. I now have appointments to make adjustments every 4 weeks. My dentist gave me these cool "threaders" to make flossing easier. They look like giant blue plastic needles. You thread the floss through the loop and then stick the blue threader in between your teeth. It's stiff, so it's much easier and faster to get between the braces. The wax-tipped floss is good, but it's expensive and if it gets wet with saliva it's hard to thread. I like these threaders because you can reuse them.

I don't have a problem eating in public anymore, although I'm sure to check my teeth for food immediately after. I'm also (carefully) chewing gum occasionally. I feel like it cleans my teeth if I'm somewhere without a toothbrush. Trident and Extra aren't very sticky, so I haven't experienced any problems. I'm sure the typical bubble gum brand would give me problems, so I stay away from that.

This month I was given a rubber band to wear on the left side, in a triangular shape covering 3 teeth. I have to wear it just about 24/7, except when eating meals. They told me I could leave it in while snacking, but I find it hard to eat anything with it in. It's even snapped off a couple times while yawning. When I first got the rubber band on, it was very painful and I avoided opening my mouth for a couple days. Then I could open it about an inch, but it was still painful. After a couple weeks with it on, I don't really notice it anymore.
Here's my progress. My orthodontist told me I might have my braces off as early as December!




October 2014
I went back to have my teeth checked, and the orthodontist said the band on the left side that I've been wearing over the last month successfully lined up those teeth. He gave me two more bands to wear, one on each side, to line up the canines to the teeth below. I have to wear these 12 hours a day, so if I time it right, I can wear them mostly while I'm sleeping so no one sees them. They're surprisingly not as painful as the last band.
He said after these get lined up and my two front teeth get lined up, my braces will be off! I go back in 4 weeks and can't wait to hear if it's my last appointment! Below is a picture of my new gear.



November 2014

I am now single. My friend found my boyfriend on an online dating site last month and I ended it with him immediately. I went on a couple dates and both guys said they don't mind my braces and I have a beautiful smile, but I haven't found a love connection yet. It's kind of weird to date with braces, and I'll admit I don't have my normal self-confidence. I think I'll take a break for a while. Glad my braces are almost off!

 I went back to the orthodontist and was sad to hear that my orthodontist wanted to make"one more adjustment." He showed me what he was doing, but I couldn't really tell. My teeth look like they're all lined up already. I'm bummed that I didn't get them off, but braces were so expensive I figure I might as well keep them on until my orthodontist thinks my teeth are perfect. I didn't get any additional bands, just a wire adjustment. I didn't post a picture because I think it looks the same as before. For some reason this adjustment has been tearing up my mouth! I'm back to using wax on several spots.

It was hard to get another appointment because of the holidays. Soonest I could get is January 23rd- (hoping for good news!) and will post new pics and provide an update.

1/23/14

So I had another appointment today. I asked for a new mouth piece for my Acceledent because it was getting a little gross, and they gave me one from their stash. Orthodontist said my teeth were looking good, he just wanted to get a closer alignment between my top and bottom left side and straighten out my bottom teeth a little more. He gave me a new bottom wire and I have to wear another triangular band on the left side for a month. He said this should happen quickly, and to come back in 4 weeks. If everything looks good, I can get my braces off. Pictures from today are below. My next appointment is on 2/17/15. I will keep you updated.








2/10/15
I've officially had it with my Acceledent. I mentioned before that it had been giving me problems for a while, and it went from 3 charges in between uses to one. Well since last week it has been dying half way through, even after being fully charged! I finally called them - which I should have done long ago- because apparently these devices only have a 1 year warranty! Since mine was blinking orange and green, they said it has a problem and agreed to send me a new one. As soon as I get it, I have to ship back the old one. I am relieved to have a working device again!
 

2/17/15
I had my appointment today and my orthodontist said my teeth looked great and I can get my braces off!! He said I can get them off this week if there's an appointment available, but of course there wasn't. At first they told me 6 weeks - I was so disappointed. They moved things around and were able to move it up to March 3rd. I will be getting my braces off and a bottom retainer put in that day. I go back the following week for an upper retainer, and then on the 31st my dentist will put caps on my two front teeth where I have gaps. I cannot wait until that is over and I have a perfect smile! As for now, no more rubber bands, no more Acceledent, I just wait until the 3rd! Acceledent was totally worth it. I know some people can't justify the price but it's worth it to me. I'm not rich, I work in accounting, just finished paying for my MBA and now I paid for braces out of pocket completely myself. But Accelerant was worth it. If it had cost anymore though, I probably would have had to reconsider. But braces are such a pain. I've gotten mostly used to them and not being self-concious. It's not just about aesthetics for me, but it's literally that they're a pain. They make my jaw hurt, they poke me and give me sores, they make eating difficult (and embarrassing), and flossing takes forever. I'll admit I've skipped flossing a couple days because it takes so long, but I worry I'll get my braces off and need even more work if I keep skipping. To me, getting these things off 5+ months early was totally worth the extra money and 20 minutes a day.

Here's a pic from today:

 


At my next appointment I will be getting professional photos and x-rays. I will post these and I will keep you updated after they come of on March 3rd! 

2/20/15
It's funny, it's only been 3 days since I stopped using Acceledent and my teeth have felt a little weird. I'm realizing now that it's pain! Even though my braces weren't adjusted during my last appointment, I guess this is just normal pain from braces which I haven't been experiencing because Acceledent has eased the pain. It's not too bad, just uncomfortable. Can't wait to get these braces off!

3/3/15
I got my braces off today!! It was actually a little painful. They took off the wires and then used what looked like pliers to pop the brackets off. One tooth was especially painful, the others were fine for the most part. Then they used another tool that looked like pliers to scratch off most of the glue. After this, they got polished a couple times. I'm surprised how white they are! I was worried I'd have dark spots where the brackets were or that I'd have to do some serious teeth whitening to get them snow white like I wanted, but they turned out great! They don't even look like my teeth. I guess it's been a while since I've actually seen them haha. I can't stop staring at them! I also got a permanent retainer on the bottom teeth today. It's basically just like a small wire along the back of the teeth. It's painless and I can barely even feel it. My tongue isn't bothered by it. I'm happy to have this so my teeth will never shift back! I got back next week to get a permanent retainer and pictures. Here's the final product!
 



3/10/15
So I went back today to get a retainer for my upper teeth. It's basically Invisalign. (I finally got Invisalign! For a week...lol). It's clear, plastic, and I only need to wear it 10-11 hours a day. It's not painful and doesn't get in the way. I realized that I wasn't 100% happy with my teeth and since I paid so much, I want them to be perfect. The more I stare at them, I realize the imperfections. I think there has been some shifting since last week, and my orthodontist agreed. My mid line is not exactly lined up, and my front top teeth have shifted a bit. My orthodontist pointed out that one is slightly larger than the other, so he is going to work to gradually shave it down and shift my teeth at the same time. For now, I will wear the Invisalign retainer to keep my teeth in place until my metal retainer is ready next week. Below are the professional pictures taken today - you can see the imperfections that are going to be fixed, but yes, the top molars are going to stay like that. Unless I wanted my entire jaw shifted, I agreed in the beginning just to fix the front ones. Although I'm getting that awkward wisdom tooth out next week!






3/13/15
Today I got my upper wisdom tooth removed. I was stressing for weeks, but it went so smoothly it was actually awesome. I elected just to be numbed, not put to sleep. I got some numbing cream put on, then a few shots (which worked instantly, unlike the dentist), and he applied pressure against my gums with flat metal pieces and basically like "popped" it out. I imagined pliers were going to be in there, but no. From the time I sat down in the chair until I sat back up was less than 10 minutes! What a great oral surgeon (Dr. Alex McDonald in Oakland - if you're looking for one). I took pain meds as instructed before the numbness wore off, but I didn't end up with any pain or swelling. I ate a bagel the next day. It was a much better experience than expected! Insurance (Delta Dental) also covered most of it so it only cost me about $100.

3/20/15
So today I went back and got my metal retainer. It is going to help shift my teeth over so that my mid line matches. I'm supposed to wear it 18 hours a day. It's not painful, but will definitely take some getting used to because it feels like I have a big hunk of plastic in my mouth. At least it's not as bad as braces, and I can take it out when I want to show off my pearly whites! Below are pictures:




5/20/15
So a piece of wire in the front of my retainer broke. I'm not sure how - it must have happened while I was sleeping but I never found the piece that broke off. At first my orthodontist tried to charge me a few hundred for a new one, but since I'd been very careful with it, I didn't think it was my fault and said I wasn't going to pay. Ultimately, they did not charge me. At first they told me it would be a few weeks until I could get an appointment to pick up the new one they were making, but I kept asking "won't my teeth shift without it for a few weeks?" and the Dr. finally came out and made the receptionist fit me in a week later. When I arrived, everyone was puzzled because the new retainer did not fit at all. They concluded that my teeth had shifted so much already in a week, that they would have to make a new retainer (again). This time they had it ready for me overnight. I now have my new retainer which is shifting my teeth back to where they were. I'm a little disappointed but am hopeful that everything will work out. This is a future lesson - if you have a retainer, always wear it. I guess Acceledent has effects long after you stop using it. And be adamant about getting a replacement immediately if something happens to it.

I'm now seeing a new dentist about getting caps on my lateral incisors to make them the correct size. I was hoping to get bonding, but the dentist convinced me that veneers would last longer and look better. Plus, bonding wasn't as cheap as I'd hoped, since they'd have to do it in two steps. It ended up being about $1,300 vs. $2,000. I go back in two weeks to see what the molds look like and will keep you posted! Hopefully this will soon be the end of my journey to a perfect smile!

8/31/15
Unfortunately my mid-line still has not been straightened, so I have not gotten veneers yet. I've actually been dealing with my orthodontist for the last few months, and he's been dodging me. He admitted that it was his fault that my teeth shifted after my retainer broke, because he took so long to get me a new one, but also told me he didn't know what else he could fix. I had my new dentist (in charge of veneers) contact him so he could also explain how the mid-line needed to be shifted, and also that he left gaps too large in the front for veneers- but my ortho has been dodging him as well! I finally had a check-up appointment scheduled with my ortho (booked months ago) and I confronted him about everything and he actually agreed to give me a refund. Tomorrow morning I'm seeing a new orthodontist who will put braces on my top teeth to fix what my last orthodontist screwed up. 6 more months of braces...at least they'll be clear braces, but I'm so disappointed in my old ortho. I love my new ortho and I'm actually able to get appointments with him in a timely manner! I wish I had gone to him to begin with, but at least it's getting fixed now. I will post pictures and keep you updated so you'll (eventually) be able to see the final product.

5/1/16
So, I haven't posted in a while. I ended up getting clear braces put back on my top teeth for about 6 months. It wasn't bad, since I'd been through everything before, and it was actually a nice break to only have braces on my top teeth.


6/1/16
Braces have come off completely. I just have to wear a clear invisalign on my top teeth to keep them in place. I take it out when I'm eating, and sometimes if I go to an event or something for a few hours. In a couple months I will be able to reduce it to only night wear. Down the road, I would still like to get caps on my lateral incisors to make their size more normal, but overall I'm finally very happy with my teeth.


Please contact me if you have any questions about my journey. I'm happy to answer any questions!

Please feel free to comment, but DO NOT post spam or try to sell anything. Those comments will be immediately deleted. 

57 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Further to my reply above (as mustbeaudi), today I called a clinical tech at a large ortho practice out of state. I recently met her, and she has no interest in selling me anything, so I wanted to ask her about this device. She gave an unqualified endorsement based upon their office's observed results, even with young ones like my girl and particularly with adult invisalign. They charge $1000, fortunately my local wants "only" $800. (My guess is that these cost a practice 500, maybe 600 max.) YMMV.

      Delete
  3. I guess you didn't read my blog, but $800 is a good price. That's what my orthodontist buys them for, in bulk, direct from the manufacturer. I've heard others have been charged as much as $1200 for the device. I was offered a lot for my used device, but it is not for sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Acceledent is amazing, but be aware the batteries only run for about 18 months which is the average treatment time. They are programmed to shut down after that.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  4. Caroline,
    Thank you for this blog, it is very helpful in so many ways. I am looking to buy an Acceledent Aura from someone for $500, but my issue is that my ortho doesn't work with the Acceledent. What are the retainers like that go in the device? Are they custom ones that the ortho has to make? Also, do the realignment appointments have to be scheduled more frequently when using the acceledent?

    As for the user who said the batteries last 18 months or anyone who knows, can the batteries be replaced, or do you have to buy a whole new device? The one I am looking to buy has been used for 10 months so this is obviously a concern.

    Thank you for anyone that can give any advice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shawn,
    I'm so glad my blog has been helpful!

    The retainers are not custom. My Otho just grabbed one and told me to try it on. I assume maybe most people wear the same size or perhaps they come in S, M, L or something. They are just a soft plastic piece to gently bite on- not molded to your teeth.

    And yes, your appointments are sooner with acceledent. Quicker adjustments= quicker your braces come off. Sometimes only 4 weeks as opposed to 6-8wks w/o the device. So be upfront w your ortho if using it or else you're throwing away money and wasting time. I've heard others say their orthos don't offer the device but were open to treatment with it if the patient acquired one elsewhere. I can't see why an ortho would not support its use.

    And yes, the device is programmed to shut off after 18 months or that equivalent usage. There are no "batteries". When I had a problem with my first device acceledent told me that it was not possible for them to add time to it. You can plug it in to view usage history, but if there are only 8 months left on it, it may not be worth it. I used mine for a little over 12 months, so it just depends on how much work you need done.

    Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your quick response and all that info! All of that basically answered all the questions I had about the device. So by plugging it into a laptop I'm guessing, it will say how long it has been used?

      Delete
  6. Yes. You plug it into your USB. Click on "home" tab at top of my page and I have another page showing a step-by-step of how to view data.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really nice post. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in sharing this. Keep sharing. Invisalign orthodontist

    ReplyDelete
  8. You brief all points very well.i like your post.Braces Pembroke Pines
    In early age when you diagnose the jaws problem then you should concern a good dentist. If you will take it normal then it could be harmful for your mouth problem. i must share you one website http://www.bayarearecovery.com/Programs/Intervention

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have enjoyed reading your articles. It is well written. I am appreciating your effort. Invisalign orthodontist

    ReplyDelete
  10. My teeth are a little crooked, so I was thinking about getting braces to fix them. I have heard that it can take years sometimes, but like you, it is my only option. If there is any way to cut that time down, like the rubber bands that you used, I would be willing to give it a try! Thanks for sharing your entire experience! http://www.alegredentalandbraces.com/santa-barbara-ventura-early-treatment.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The point of this entire blog is how treatment time was shortened by using the Acceledent device. It had nothing to do with rubber bands.

      Delete
  11. Caroline, thank you so much for sharing your information! I'm 3 months in to my 18-24 month Invisalign treatment and would love to have the time cut by up to 50%. I just returned from my Orthodontist and I start my Acceledent this weekend! For those wondering about price, I'm buying my Acceledent for $800 in the suburbs of Philadelphia. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for such a great information. In these days its hard to find a honest blog about Metal Braces

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello.

    I have a acceledent in prestine condition - still with box, charger, and everything it came with. If wished the mouthpiece can be included.

    If you are interested send me a e-mail on john7050@gmail.com for further information.

    I am located in Denmark, Europe - and can ship worldwide - however shipping within europe is clearly cheapest.

    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi excellent blog post. I really appreciates with your article. thanks for sharing great stuff. Cost of braces

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for sharing! I'm 36, never had braces as a kid and just got mine on 2 weeks ago. Mouth and teeth still hurt. Next week I will be my ortho's first patient to try acceledent. Perhaps I'll also try to post my experience here b/c unfortunately, there isn't a lot of unbiased opinions on the device. I just know that i want these painful stupid braces off ASAP! Thanks again! Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also in the bay area, Caroline. Thanks for sharing your experience with your ortho and with the acceledent.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you enjoyed it. You're very welcome!

      Delete
  16. Nice blog, really outstanding blog. Your blog information is really helpful to me. Straight teeth without braces

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi!

    At 27, I am sort of glad to find this blog, and to find other people my age getting braces. It's so weird when you think about it that we're gonna be 30 soon, how long will we have to deal with this. I *just* learned about Acceledent today so I'm probably gonna try it. Hopefully, instead of a year more, it becomes 8 months more or something.

    I hope you get whatever's left fixed soon too. I had braces when I was 16-18 and I had the same issue where the midline shifted, and even worse, one of my front teeth came back out. So I finally got braces again after undergrad with my own money.

    I'll tell you the upside though, you won't have much of the same discomfort with braces that you had earlier. I haven't gotten any sores this time around and eating is much easier somehow. Good luck! Honestly though, it shouldn't take too long for you, maybe a few months. My midline got fixed pretty fast, but oh, I had a missing tooth so now we're making space for that. Honestly, it's like an endless roller coaster somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your journey is ending soon! I just got my braces off a couple months ago and am very happy. Unfortunately it took me a while to get around to updating my blog.

      Delete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this.
    braces

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your braces story is really nice and it is very much informative for those who were wearing braces. it is really helpful and it is very much nice and exclusive.

    Invisalign Treatment In Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have posterior cross bite not corrected :(
    For invisalign system only take some months

    ReplyDelete
  23. valuable informative helpful for gain a new informative which supports tooth braces treatment and specifies the pain of dental patients.


    Best Dental Clinic in Velachery

    ReplyDelete
  24. Truely a very good article on how to handle the future technology. After reading your post,thanks for taking the time to discuss this,I feel happy about and I love learning more about this topic. keep sharing your information regularly for my future reference.

    Invisalign Treatment In Chennai

    Best Dental Clinic In Annanagar

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for sharing the experience! My ortho did not fix my middle line at all. His explanation was fixing bite is more important than that. Really?

    I live in Washington D.C. My case is little bit complicated. I started a partial braces first in 2014 and couple months later switched to Invisilign.

    Between the first sets of 38 aligners, I found my upper lip was stretched too long, so the ortho did re-scan and gave me extra 25 sets. Last month, to shorten the process so I can travel without inconvenience, I bought Acceledent from my ortho at the point only have 15 trays to go.
    Yesterday I found out there will be a refinement period, so travel without attachments on my tooth is impossible. I just got a new crown yesterday, based on these factors, I have decided not to use Acceledent any more.
    I only use it about one month, except the mouth-piece has been trimmed few mm, everything is still in the box, I do not know what to do with them. Should I ask for refund? I bet he will not. Stuck here!
    If everyone is interested in my experience and the device, please email me at smokymountain15@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for sharing such a nice and interesting blog with us. But in your blog, I had a chance to get some useful and unique information. I would like to suggest your blog.
    Digital Marketing Company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looking for Orthodontic Treatment for Kids and Adults in Oakland
    Oakland Orthodontist

    ReplyDelete
  28. I must thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this site. I am hoping to check out the same high-grade content by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own, personal blog now..
    Vitiligo Treatment
    Psoriasis Treatment
    Dry Skin Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow really superb you had posted one nice information through this. Definitely it will be useful for many people. So please keep update like this.

    Best Dentist In Chennai
    Full Mouth Implant Treatment
    Root Canal Specialist In Chennai
    Cosmetic Dentistry

    ReplyDelete
  30. Are you planning to give the Invisalign for bottom teeth a shot? If yes, then you should rely on a reputed dental care facility in San Diego to get the premium-quality Invisalign for bottom teeth. Let an Invisalign brace shape up your crooked or ill-shaped teeth with a greater ease.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The Invisalign braces are the perfect alternatives to the traditional metal braces. Not just the metal braces look ugly, but also can they give you hard time coping up with them. Get in touch with the best invisalign dentist of San Diego to regain the luster of your smile and boost your confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Is any of your dental problems taking a toll on your confidence? If yes, then why don't you consider correcting it with help of cosmetic dentistry? Only the best cosmetic dentist in san diego can help you beautify your pearlies without costing you a bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The excellent blog of braces and Invisalign, after reading this blog very exciting and more useful for me, keep update a lot of blogs like this, for any doubt about the dental issue, visit here
    Orthodontic Treatment
    Best Dentist In Chennai
    Teeth Whitening treatment
    Laser Root Canal Treatment In Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  34. Floss or use an interdental brush every day to remove food, debris and plaque lodged between your teeth. Check out the tutorial here: samosetfamilydental.com

    ReplyDelete